Susan is an expert in researching and analyzing markets and technologies in order to understand market and technology shifts, and build sustainable revenue growth from products, technologies or services.
- Ability to take a 360° look at complex situations in order to identify critical issues and potential opportunities
- Strength in connecting information and data to develop reasonable and logical points of view
- Ability to understand and explain technologies in business terms and to understand human behavior as it relates to technology
- Ability to decipher and find meaning in data and information however these are presented (words, numbers, diagrams, graphs, or other visuals)
- A weakness for “never good enough” balanced by a passion for “getting it right”
- Ability to integrate insights gained from empirical evidence, professional judgment, and human intuition
ANALYTICAL THINKING has been a hallmark of Susan’s career. For more than 30 years, she has been providing the intelligence and insights companies need to (1) recognize and evaluate market trends and emerging business opportunities; (2) ideate and implement new products and services; and (3) interact and transact more productively with their customers and partners.
Susan brings a 30 year track record in consulting, marketing and product development for firms doing business in IT, telecommunications, and engineering in the US and abroad. Industries served have included: telecommunications (wireline, wireless, and cable), financial services, healthcare, automotive, manufacturing, analytics, education, software services, consumer products, and retail.
Since joining The Gendreau Group in 2000, Susan has provided strategic consulting services in the following areas:
- State-of-Play Market Research and Analysis – for US and European clients in a wide range of markets
- Vision and Value Proposition Development – including work for Microsoft’s Worldwide Hospitality group
- Partner Ecosystem and Value Chain Analysis – to enable clients to build more productive relationships
- New Product Ideation, Validation and Planning – for financial services, healthcare, and communications firms
- Revenue and Growth Strategy Analysis – for US and European businesses and products
- Business Case and Plan Development – for existing businesses, start-ups and product lines
- Technology Assessments – examples include Wireless Local Loop, 802.11 and Wi-Fi opportunities
- System and Process Audits – with a focus on customer-facing systems and processes
- Process Re-engineering – with a focus on customer-facing processes, sales, and marketing
Consulting clients have included: Alzheimer’s Association, Comcast, CoCo Communications, CompuCredit, Incepta Ventures, IntelliDOT Corporation, Microsoft, Mindport (now Irdeto), NFC Data, PatientSafe Solutions, ProfitLine, ROAM Data, Ryzex, Star-21 Networks GmbH (an investment of Bechtel, GE Capital and Nortel),TeleTracking, The Credit Policy Group, TruDiagnostics, TuffRax, VerRx, WD-40 Company, and Xhale.
PRIOR TO TGG
Susan spent twelve years with the Convergys Corporation (NYSE: CVG) where she served in various roles including:
- Director of Wireline and Internet Marketing responsible for identifying solutions for competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs)
- Product Manager responsible for wireline customer care and billing assets acquired from WorldCom
- Account Director based in Italy responsible for business development activities for the company’s European operations
- Director and Sr. Technical Consultant roles in Systems Engineering responsible for implementing a systems engineering (SE) culture to enable the company to more effectively understand and document client needs, design and deliver effective solutions, and make and meet project commitments
- Systems analyst responsible for designing and developing business software solutions for Cincinnati Bell Telephone and other clients
- Software developer responsible for software solutions for IRS tax submittal services and telephone front office solutions
Prior to Convergys, Susan was as a software developer with two Cincinnati area firms: an engineering company that designed solutions for the banking and biomedical industries, and a software company where Susan developed solutions used in restaurant, trucking, investment management, and waste management businesses.
Susan holds a Masters in Music (MM) degree from the University of Cincinnati and a Bachelor of Music Education (BME) from North Central College in Naperville, Ill. Subsequent education has included doctoral, computer science, and MBA studies at the University of Cincinnati, and numerous professional seminars and courses while employed at Convergys Corporation.
NON-PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
Treasurer & Board Member, Rancho Santa Fe Democratic Club
Past Board Member, Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
Past Board Member, Classic for Kids (San Diego)
Susan is passionate about opera, traveling in Europe, and spending as much time as possible in New York City and Northern California.